Well you can’t. So you need to make sure that your website does the best possible job of speaking for you.
Here are some action steps:
- Start with a Home Page that is visually appealing and resonates with your audience. Having striking imagery and carefully chosen words makes the best introductory impression. Also clearly showing your contact information and the areas you service if you are a local professional is very important.
- Have an About Us Page that reveals who you are. Why not take the opportunity to create a virtual rapport with the potential client? Include a photo of yourself, even better, include a photo of yourself inside your studio or shop working with a client. In the text, discuss the high quality service you provide and a little history about yourself and your company.
- Consider using a video or audio piece that can be heard or seen (as an option rather than automatically played) to further the connection.
- Share your ideas and insights on your blog that turn on the light bulb in your readers’ minds.
- Turn your Contact Us page into an appointment generator by giving visitors the option to make an appointment online 24/7. (Isn’t that what you would want to do if you were speaking to them?)